Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Grace

Grace=unmerited favor
I've been a Christian for a long time.  Most of my life.  I didn't always walk right, but I knew the Truth, and eventually I let the Truth set me free (because God can set you free, but you choose to carry around the chains anyway).  Something long-time Christians may struggle with is thinking all they do for Christ proves to Him how righteous they are.  (Righteous=right in God's eyes) 

My epiphany for this week is that God's grace, given to me by Jesus, makes me righteous.  Not what I do.  Oh, I knew this all along.  I knew I was saved by grace and not works.  I've taken college classes on being sanctified and justified, and I knew what they meant.  But somewhere along the line, I started feeling like all I DO shows what I AM to God. 

And here's the thing:  I am still right in God's eyes even if I'm not teaching a class;  I'm right in God's eyes even if my husband isn't the Praise and Worship leader;  I'm right in God's eyes even if we drop all our responsibilities at our church and walk away.  What I DO does not make me what I AM to God.  (***Goosebumps***)  It's what HE did.

2 comments:

  1. It is the most lovely epiphany a girl can have right there! welcome to GRACE! It looks so good on you! love this. don't know how i missed your blog before? but I am here now. always love to peek in on fellow grace writers. love ya girl. enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace is precious to me.... it truly is by grace alone.

    ReplyDelete