Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting away

I highly recommend taking a little vacation at least every fourteen years...just you and your spouse...no kids.   We had such a wonderful time in New Orleans.  Once I got past worrying about the kids, and then worrying about my 78 year old mother who was watching them, I had a great time!  It really took two days for me to accept that I could do nothing about anything happening back home, so I might as well just enjoy myself. 

Tuesday night, we were sitting in a little crepes restaurant (Crepe Nicole, maybe?).  Bill kept laughing at the goofy smile on my face.  I told him, "This is me totally relaxed, no stress, no responsibilities, totally happy."  Then we got caught in a downpour on the way back to the streetcar stop, where we had to wait, and wait, and wait for the streetcar.  Then we stood at the bus stop and waited, and waited, and waited soaking wet, in a nice cool breeze.  Ah, good times!

I kept crying Wednesday when it was time to head home.  I had forgotten how it felt to only be a wife, and was kind of dreading being a Mommy again.  Please, don't take me wrong...I LOVE my kids.  They are my life.  This is what I wanted from the time I was a little girl.    But...you forget how it is to be a woman, a wife...

Oh, and of course we come home to Luke still kind of crusty with blood from falling on the sweeper and splitting his forehead open--while we were in the air.  Found out on William's Facebook when we landed. Can you say "heart attack!!"  No stitches, and it's healing well now. 

Hopefully our next getaway is sooner than 14 years away.  Our 20th anniversary is in just 8 months away... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment